Acceptance of terms Access to and use of this Website is subject to the following terms and conditions, which you are deemed to have accepted in full by accessing the website. If you do not wish to accept these terms and conditions you should leave the Site immediately.
In these Terms of Business references to "we" or "us" are to Etravelinsure Limited (company registered in England number 4111988) whose registered office is at 15 St Helen's Place, London EC3A 6DF.
Please note that these Terms of Business contain important information, which we are required to give to you by the Financial Services Authority. You will be sent this information again on taking our insurance.
We recommend that you carefully read these Terms of Business as they apply to the services, which we will provide to you. Please contact us if there is anything in these terms that you do not understand or with which you disagree.
1. Who Regulates us
- 1.1 We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). The FSA is the independent watchdog regulating intermediaries as ourselves. It requires us to give you this document. Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.
- 1.2 Our FSA Register number is 307778.
- 1.3 Our permitted business is arranging general insurance contracts.
- 1.4 This information is available to check on the FSAs Register by visiting the FSA’s website www.fsa.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234.
2. Our Products
- 2.1 We mainly offer travel insurance policies from a single insurance company, whereby we issue an Insurance Policy to you under the authorisation granted to us by Optimum Underwriting Limited who are underwriting agents for insurers Groupama Insurance Company Limited.
- 2.2 We do not provide advice on whether the policies we sell may be more or less suitable for your needs than those provided by other insurers. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of policies that we may make available to you but you will need to make your own choice as to whether or not the policy offered is most suitable for you.
- 2.3 We provide information and details in optaining a quotation to assist in understanding our products, which we hope are clear and accurate. But if something is incorrectly stated (by mistake), it does not override the actual terms and conditions of any Insurance Policy.
3. Terms of Payment
- 3.1 In the absence of any alternative terms which we agree with you in writing, we require full payment in cleared funds of the premium on or before the inception date.
- 3.2 The decision to accept payment and to allow you to effect insurance through us is entirely at our discretion.
- 3.3 The premium is refundable in full if you cancel (not having used the insurance) within the 14-day cancellation from taking out insurance.
- 3.4 You will only pay premiums relating to the Policy. We do not charge fees in addition for our services.
- 3.5 No refund of premium is payable other than for a cancellation within the 14 day cancellation period (except as permitted by underwriters).
4. Amendment of your insurance to safeguard your interests
- 4.1. You must take reasonable case in taking out insurance.
- 4.2. If we have good reason to believe that you (by mistake, misunderstanding, or lack of care, in taking out insurance) cause yourself to be uninsured in a way that you clearly would not intend, we shall try to inform you of this as soon as possible.
- 4.3. If you fail to reply to confirm your intension promptly, we shall have the right to amend the insurance and charge you any additional cost of the insurance, to safeguard your interests in the event of claim. The amended certificate of insurance will be emailed to you with an explanation.
- 4.4. Your will be refunded the additional cost in full, if it is confirmed later that the amendment was not necessary.
5. Cooling Off Period
- On taking out insurance, if you decide that you do not wish to accept the Policy, notify us in writing within 14 days and, provided you have not taken a trip to which the insurance applies and you have not made a claim, we will refund the premium paid by you.
- 6.1 We are committed to preserve the security and confidentiality of the personal information provided about yourself and others who are insured. Your details will be used by the parties in providing the insurance you applied for and for the ongoing administration of the insurance and related services. If you make a claim, certain information provided may be put on a register of claims through which insurers share information to prevent fraudulent claims.
- 6.2 We may use general information to assist us in understanding individual needs and trends in business in order to improve the products and services that we offer. There may be times when we may inform you of future products and services that we feel will benefit you, by mail or other reasonable means. You are of course not obliged to apply for any of the services or products offered. If you prefer not to receive any of this information, please write to us accordingly. Sensitive data, such as details of physical or mental health, will not be used for any purpose other than for the reason that it was provided without the explicit consent of the person concerned.
- 6.3 The uses of your personal information are covered by our notification under the Data Protection Act of the United Kingdom. Under the terms of that Act you have the right to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you, upon payment of an appropriate fee.
7. Renewing Annual Policies
- Your annual multi-trip policy will not be renewed automatically. We will endeavour to notify you not later than 21 days prior to the renewal date that your policy is due for renewal.
8. How We Hold Premiums
- 8.1 Your premium is held by us as the agent for the insurers on the Risk Transfer basis governed by the FSA Client Money rules, whereby the insurers are effectively responsible for your premium whilst held by us.
- 8.2 We pay your premium to insurers in the following month, after deducting our agreed commission, and we only withdraw our commission from the account after that has occurred.
- 8.3 Funds are kept in the designate account are not intermingled with those due to any other insurers.
9. Complaints Procedure
- 9.1 We are dedicated to maintaining an excellent service. However, if you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, please let us know. We can sort out most problems quickly. If that fails, we have a standard procedure for handling complaints. You are asked to notify a complaint progressively as follows. At each stage it will be fully reviewed and if you are not sent a full reply within 15 working days, you will be told the reason why and when you can expect one.
- 9.2 On anything to do with requirements for insurance or on taking out insurance, if you fail to be satisfied with initial attempts to resolve any difficulties, write to the Managing Director, Etravelinsure Limited.
- 9.3 On matters concerning claims procedures and handling, if you are not satisfied with the service, write to the Managing Director of the Claims Service involved.
- 9.4 If you are dissatisfied, write to the Managing Director, Optimum Underwriting Limited.
- 9.5 Finally, if you are still dissatisfied, write to the Chief Executive, Groupama Insurance Company Limited.
- 9.6 Following the final reply to your complaint through our procedure you have the right to refer your complaint for review by the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- 9.7 Our Complaints Procedure does not affect your legal rights.
10. Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
This means that you may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligation.
This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
Further information about compensation is available from the FSCS at www.fscs.org.uk or telephone 020 7892 7300.
11. No Waiver and Amendments
- 11.1 A failure at any time by us to enforce any right or obligation shall not be deemed to be a continuing waiver of such right or obligation. No amendment or variation of these Terms of Business requested by you shall be valid unless confirmed in writing by our duly authorised officer or employee.
- 11.2 We reserve the right to amend these Terms of Business at any time (including for the avoidance of doubt during the term of your insurance) by giving you not less than 7 days notice. We may freely assign or delegate all or any part of these Terms of Business or the services to any third party.
12. Prior Agreements and Acceptance
- 12.1 These Terms of Business supersede all proposals, prior discussions and representations (whether oral or written) between us relating to administration of your travel insurance.
- 12.2 These Terms of Business constitute an offer by us to administer your travel insurance. You are deemed to accept our offer to act on the basis of these Terms of Business by instructing us or using our web site to issue a travel insurance policy to you, unless you notify us otherwise.
13. Governing Law
- These Terms of Business are governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales and the Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of their Courts.